Due to COVID-19 and staff shortage, please note our business hours are very limited up to September 2021.
Monday, Tuesday, Friday 9am-3pm
Wed, Thurs 9am - 1pm
Due to our telephone technical problems, you may experience communication problems. Please be patient and continue to call or leave a message at the following numbers: (310)671-0421, (310)671-0422, (310)671-0423. You can also contact us at our Clinic's temporary Cellular phone (714)400-4760. We will check any messages throughout the business day and return your call as soon as possible. We are very sorry for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding
The effects of secondhand smoke on people are well-documented. Exposure to tobacco smoke causes a variety of serious health problems, including stroke, heart disease, and lung cancer, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Not surprisingly, secondhand smoke also increases the risk
There are an increasing number of cases of dogs getting sick from ingesting a common sugar substitute, xylitol. This substance causes no problems in people, but in dogs it can cause wild fluctuations in blood sugar, often leading to a severe hypoglycemia. It can also cause liver failure.
People love sweets and so do many dogs. In fact, some dogs love their family's sweet treats and sneak bites of it when the humans aren't looking. You or your children probably also share goodies with your family pet. Many sweets are made with the substance called xylitol.
Xylitol is used to manufacture
We have all heard people say things such as "Don't give your dog chocolate, it will kill him!" or "Even a small amount of chocolate will kill a dog." Fortunately for all cabinet opening dogs out there, the truth to the chocolate rumors lies somewhere between the chilling truth in the refrigerator and
Did you ever think that your pet's rabies vaccination wasn't all that important? Did you know that if your cat or dog is not current on its rabies vaccination, and a stray or wild animal bites your pet, the County Health Department can, and will, demand that the pet be euthanized or strictly quarantined
We all enjoy flowers, whether in a vase in our house or in our gardens. We enjoy the multitude of bright colors and the fragrant odor they give us. But there can be a dangerous aspect to some of our favorite plants. The list of poisonous plants is very long, but this will give you information about some
Pets are incredibly curious creatures who are not above snacking on anything that interests them. When that snack is a plant, problems can occur. Many plants are poisonous if eaten and can cause symptoms ranging from mild discomfort to death. Below is a list of some of the most common plants that sicken
Imagine your concern if you came home to find your dog unable to walk, unresponsive, or in a coma. This is becoming more common as marijuana begins to lose its illicit status, at least in some areas of the world. As the decriminalization and even legalization of marijuana has occurred, cases of toxicity
Keeping your house pet friendly is critical to the health and wellness of your pets. Just what does pet friendly mean? A pet friendly house is a sheltered location for an animal to live, play and relax that is clean, safe, free from hazards and toxic materials. Most pets share house space with their
An estimated one third of all pets will become lost at some point in their life. Reasons for pets becoming lost include everything from a loose gate to breaking free from a leash. With so many possible ways for a pet to become lost, it is important to follow some simple safety procedures.
Dog Tags (Identification
There are many medications available over the counter (OTC) at pharmacies and grocery stores that we consider to be safe, their use to be routine. We don’t think twice about picking up medications to help with pain or flu symptoms. What many people don’t consider is that these same medications can
There are several general classifications of rodent poison (rodenticide) available over the counter. The most common is one that prevents blood clotting called an anticoagulant; D- con being the most easily recognized in light of the recent bans on second generation anticoagulant rodenticides.
The Environmental Protection Agency indicates that polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDEs) have a negative impact on your health and environment. These chemicals in your home environment may be causing harm to your pet without your knowledge.
In the body, PBDEs are found in breast milk, blood and the
When examining a blood panel, a veterinarian may report to the owner that a pet has hypercalcemia, which is an elevated level of calcium in the blood. The owner often then wonders if there is too much calcium in the pet's food or in the vitamins or supplements the pet is taking.
Ingesting calcium in